Data Protection Statement
This document informs you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data means data that relate to you personally, such as your name, address, email addresses or user behaviour. We will inform you in detail about any individual functions on our website that are provided by external contractors, and any cases in which we intend to use your data for commercial purposes and will for these purposes also inform you about the criteria determining the duration we will store your data for.
1. Name and contact details of the Data Controller and the company’s Data Protection Officer
The person responsible for the data processing (the data controller) for the purposes of Article 4 number 7 GDPR is:
SM Contact France
20-22 voie Gallo Romaine
Tel: +33 (0)1 64 63 66 66
SM Contact France has not appointed a Data Protection Officer.
2. Contacting us by email or via contact form
When you contact us by email or via a contact form, we will store the data entered by you (your email address, your name (if provided) and your telephone number) for the purpose of responding to your inquiry. We will delete these data once their storage is no longer necessary, or we may alternatively restrict the data processing if we are required to observe a statutory retention period.
3. Collection and storage of personal data, nature and purpose of their use
When you visit our website, we will collect and store certain personal data.
When you access the website available at https://smcontact.eu, the browser installed on your user device will automatically send messages to our web server. We will automatically store the following information about you in a temporary log file:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of the request,
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- Content of the request (specific page),
- Access status/HTTP status code,
- The respectively transferred data volume,
- The referrer website,
- Your browser,
- Operating system and user interface, and
- Browser language and version.
These data will be stored until their automated deletion.
They will be processed for the following purposes:
- Assurance of a flawless connection to our website,
- Assurance of the comfortable use of our website,
- Analysis of the system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The data processing is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing the data and do so for the purposes specified above. The data is in no case collected or processed for the purpose of identifying you personally.
4. Disclosure of data
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- You have granted your express consent to the disclosure.
- The disclosure is necessary to assert claims against you, or to exercise or defend are legal interests and there is no prevailing legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of the data.
- We are under a statutory obligation to disclose the data.
- The disclosure of the data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
5. Your rights as a data subject in the meaning of the GDPR
You have the following rights:
- To request us to provide you with information about your personal data processed by us, including the right to receive information about the data processing purposes, categories of personal data, categories of recipients of your data, intended storage duration, the existence of a right to the correction or deletion of data, a right to restrict the data processing or a right to object, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data in as far as they were not collected by us, as well as information about the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about their particulars;
- To request us to promptly correct or complete your personal data stored by us;
- To request us to delete your personal data stored by us (right to be forgotten), unless the processing serves the right to free expression of opinion and freedom of information, the performance of a legal obligation, reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal interests;
- To request the processing of your personal data to be restricted in as far as you contest the accuracy of the data, the data is processed unlawfully, but you decline their deletion and we no longer require the data, but you will require them to assert, exercise or defend legal interests, or if you have objected against their processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, for as long as it is uncertain whether the data controller’s legitimate interests prevail over yours;
- To receive your personal data made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request us to transfer the data to another data controller;
- To revoke your previously granted declaration of consent at any time, with the result that we will be prohibited from continuing the data processing that was based on such declaration of consent, and
- To lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your choosing. In most cases, you will be able to contact the supervisory authority holding jurisdiction for your usual place of residence or the place of our company’s registered office.
6. Right to object
Pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, you have the right to at any time object against the processing of your personal data on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 lit. e or lit. f GDPR in as far as the reasons for your objection result from your special personal circumstances. As far as you object against direct advertising, you have a general right to object, which we will submit to including in the absence of special personal circumstances.
To exercise your right to object or to revoke a declaration of consent, please send an email to email@example.com
7. Data security
(1) Our website uses the established SSL/TLS encryption method (secure socket layer/transport layer security) in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will instead use 128-bit v3 encryption technology. The “https://” in your browser’s address bar or the closed padlock in the lower status bar show you whether the transmission is encrypted or not.
(2) We have implemented adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against manipulation, unauthorised access, loss or destruction.
In addition to the data specified at point 3 above, the use of our website will also entail the placement of cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and affiliated with your browser. Cookies allow the source of the cookie (in this case our company) to collect certain and obtain certain information. Cookies cannot be used to launch any applications or infect your computer with viruses. They only serve the purpose of making our internet services more user-friendly and effective.
The types of cookies, the scope of data collected by and their particulars are explained in the following:
(1) Transient cookies
Transient cookies will be deleted automatically when you close your browser. Most transient cookies used by us are session cookies. These cookies capture a so-called session ID, which can be used to allocate the various requests from your browser to a single browsing session. This allows us to recognise your computer when you return to our website at a later time. Session cookies are deleted automatically when you log off or close your browser.
(2) Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a certain period that may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies on your computer at any time in the security settings of your browser.
(3) Browser settings
You can configure your browser settings to match your preferences, for example to prevent all cookies categorically, or to only prevent cookies from third parties. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions offered on this website if you have cookies deactivated.
(4) Identification by cookies
(5) Flash cookies
The flash cookies placed by us are not used by your browser, but the Flash plug-in installed on your computer. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are place on your user device. These objects store the necessary data irrespective of the browser type used by you and do not have a date for their automatic expiry. If you would like to prevent Flash cookies on your computer, you will have to install one of the available add-ons, for example “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the “Adobe Flash Killer Cookie” for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage cookies by switching your browser to private/incognito mode. We also recommend you manually delete the cookies on your computer and your browser history from time to time.
9. Google Analytics
(1) Our website uses the analysis tool Google Analytics, which is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(2) Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and allow for an analysis of your use of our website. These analysis data are usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
(3) The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR, which permits the processing of data on the basis of a legitimate interest. In this case, our legitimate interest is to obtain an analysis of the behaviour of our website users and to optimise our services and advertising.
(4) You are advised that this website uses the Google Analytics code “_anonymizeIp();” to warrant the anonymised collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). The activated IP anonymisation will cause your IP address to be truncated by Google within a member state of the European Union or a signatory state to the Agreement about the European Economic Area prior to its transmission to the USA. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyse the use of our website, to generate reports about website activities and to render other services associated with the use of our website.
(5) The IP address transmitted by your browser for the purposes of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data held by Google.
(6) You can prevent the placement of cookies on your computer by changing the corresponding settings of your browser. Please note that you may in this case not be able to take advantage of all functions offered on our website.
(7) You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by downloading and installing the tool offered at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
You can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link:
(8) Information about the third-party service providers: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
You can review Google’s data protection policies at the following link:
10. Yandex Metrica (Yandey LLC)
(1) This website uses Yandex Metrica, a web analysis service provided by Yandex LLC ,16 Lva Tolstogo st., Moscow, 119021, Russia (www.yandex.com).
(2) We use Yandex Metrica for optimisation and marketing purposes pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. This entails us collecting, storing and analysing pseudonymised data about our visitors on the basis of our legitimate interest in analysing the behaviour of our users. We may use these data to create and analyse pseudonymised user profiles that serve the same purposes. Yandex Metrica uses so-called “cookies”, which are small text files that are locally stored in the visitor’s browser buffer memory. These cookies serve, among others, the purpose of recognising the browser and thereby allow us to collect more precise statistical data. The user’s IP address is part of the collected information but is pseudonymised immediately after collection and prior to storage in order to eliminate any possibility of connecting the data with an individual person.
(3) For the purpose of safeguarding the aforementioned interests, the information generated by the cookie (including the pdeudonmyised IP address) will be transmitted to a Yandex server in the Russian Federation and stored there.
(4) The data collected using Yandex technology will never be used to personally identify the visitor without the data subject’s consent and will not be merged with personal data by means of the data carrier on which the pseudonym is stored.
(5) If you would like to deactivate the analysis of your user behaviour via cookies, you can change the settings of your browser so that it will inform you prior to placing any cookies and allow you to accept or reject each individual cookie, or to prevent the placement of cookies categorically or only in certain cases.
(6) Alternatively, you can also object against the collection of data by Yandex by downloading and installing the opt-out add-on available at the following link:
(7) Data Protection Statement of Yandex Metrica:https://metrica.yandex.com/about/info/privacy-policy
11. Social media plug-ins
(1) Our website currently uses the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Linkedin. We have opted to use the two-click solution for our social media plug-ins. This means that when you visit our website, personal data will initially not be disclosed to the plug-in provider. You can identify the plug-in provider by the first letter or logo displayed above the box. The button allows you to communicate directly with the plug-in provider. The plug-in provider will only be notified of you accessing the corresponding website on our domain if you click on the highlighted field and thereby activate the plug-in. The data specified at point 3 above will also be transmitted. Activating the plug-in will cause personal data to be transmitted to the respective provider and stored there (in the USA for providers from the USA). Due to the fact that the plug-in provider collects data particularly via cookies, we recommend you delete all cookies on your computer via the security settings of your browser before clicking on the shaded box.
(2) We have no control over the collected data and data processing operations, neither are we aware of the scope of data collected, the purposes of their processing and the respective storage durations. We also have no information pertaining to the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider will store the data collected about you in the form of usage profiles and use them for advertising and market research purposes and/or for the purpose of assuring the needs-adequate design of its website. This kind of data analysis (including for users who are not logged in) serves the purpose of delivering needs-adequate advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object against the generation of these kinds of user profiles. To exercise this right, you will have to contact the respective plug-in provider directly. The plug-ins offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users while allowing us to improve our services and make them more interesting for our users. The legal basis for using plug-ins is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 GDPR.
(4) The data will be disclosed irrespective of whether you have an account with the respective plug-in provider and are logged into that account. If you are logged in your account with the plug-in provider, the data collected on our website will be directly linked to your account with the respective plug-in provider. When you click on the activated button and, for example, place a link to the respective website, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and publicly share the information with your contacts. We recommend you regularly log out of your social network accounts, but especially before you activate the button. This will allow you to prevent the plug-in provider from allocating the information to your profile.
(5) Further information about the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the plug-in provider can be obtained from the data protection statement of the respective provider, please use the links below. These links will also provide you with additional information about your respective rights and configuration options available to protect your privacy.
(6) Address of plug-in providers and URLs to their Data Protection Statements
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php ; further information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084; Overview of Facebook-plug-ins: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. Facebook has signed up to the EU/US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) Our website uses plug-ins of YouTube, a website operated by Google. YouTube is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
(2) When you visit our website, YouTube will be informed of the respective sub-page you have visited on our website. The data specified at point 3 above will also be transmitted, irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account into which you are logged in, or if no such user account exists. If you are logged into your Google account, your data will be allocated directly to your account. If you would like to prevent YouTube from allocating the data to your profile, you will have to log off before activating the button. YouTube stores your data in the form of user profiles and uses them for advertising and marketing purposes and/or the need-adequate design of its website. This kind of analysis is carried out (including for users who are not logged on) to display needs-adequate advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object against the formation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you will have to contact YouTube directly.
(3) Further information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in YouTube’s data protection statement. This will also provide you with information about your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google will process some of your personal data in the United States and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
13. Google Maps
(1) This website uses Google Maps to display interactive maps and to generate route directions.
(2) The use of Google Maps may entail the transmission of information about this website’s usage, including the information specified in .3 above and the starting location entered into the route planning function, to Google in the USA. When you access one of our websites that contains Google Maps, your browser will establish a direct connection with Google’s servers. Google transmits the map contents directly to your browser, which then embeds the contents in our website. This means that we have no control over the scope of data collected by Google in this manner. We also have no control over the further processing and use of the data by Google and can therefore not assume any responsibility. The data will be transmitted to Google irrespective of whether Google provides a user account into which you are logged in, or if no user account exists. If you are logged into your Google account, your data will be allocated directly to your account. If you would like to prevent Google from allocating the data to your account, you will have to log off before activating the button. Google will store your data in the form of user profiles and use them for advertising and market research purposes and/or the need-adequate design of its website. This kind of analysis is carried out (including for users who are not logged on) to display needs-adequate advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object against the formation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you will have to contact Google directly.
(3) Google Maps is a map service provided by 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. The purpose and scope of the data collection and there are further use and processing by Google, as well as your respective rights and configuration options to protect your privacy can be found in Google’s data protection policies (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de). Google will process your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We offer you to subscribe to our newsletter, which will inform you about current interesting offers by our company. Your subscription will be based on your consent to receive the newsletter. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for the subscription to our newsletter. This means that after you have registered, we will send an email to the email address specified and request you to grant your declaration of consent for receiving the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, the information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. We also store your respective IP addresses as well as the date and time of your registration and confirmation. This procedure serves the purpose of confirming your legitimate registration and, if necessary, investigate any potential misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your email address is the only mandatory data for receiving the newsletter. After you have confirmed your registration, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending you our newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. a GPO.
(4) You may revoke your declaration of consent granted for receiving the newsletter at any time and thereby cancel your subscription. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, or by contacting us at the contact details provided in the legal notice of this website.
15. Use of our web shop
(1) Placing an order in our web shop requires you to disclose the personal data that is necessary for us to process your order. Mandatory data required for processing the orders are clearly marked as such, the disclosure of all other data is voluntary. We will process the data disclosed by you for the purpose of processing your order. We may, in as far as necessary for processing your order, also disclose your data to third parties, for example logistics companies. The legal basis is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR. We may also process the data disclosed by you for the purpose of informing you about additional interesting products offered by us, or to send you emails containing technical information.
(2) Stipulations under commercial and tax law require us to store your address and order details for a period of ten years. We impose a restriction on the data processing after a period of two years, which means that your data will only be used if required for compliance with statutory obligations.
(3) The ordering process is encrypted to prevent unauthorised third-party access to your personal data, particularly including payment data.
16. Currency and modification of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement was prepared in October 2018 and applies in its current version.