Enameled wire connection in one go
SM Contact offers auto piercing technology by splice crimping for processing enameled wire. It is a cheaper but reliable alternative to IDC terminals, soldering and spot welding in magnet wire applications.
P-splice band of own production has a proprietary serrated profile penetrating various varnishes and coatings used on copper and aluminum magnet wire.
Enamel-piercing P-type splice band can be leveraged in:
– Following products: electric motors, e-mobility (EV charging stations), household appliances, in computer, audio and video devices, in industrial electronics, watches and even mars rovers.
– Following applications, for connecting wires to: coils, electric motors, transformers, speakers, alternators, solenoids, inductors and small appliances.
Connection is produced of an unstripped magnet wire directly to wire or component. Auto piercing technology:
- Saves cycle time by excluding stripping and soldering -> reduces costs.
- Well-controlled process.
- With no heating.
- With RoHS and REACH compliance for P-splice band materials.
- Easily scaled for different production volumes.
- Ensures repeatable high quality of the product.
– highly reliable,
– vibration resistant.